The Newport Beach Hotel and Suites is the perfect choice for a romantic getaway. With its meticulously resorted gambrel-style historic building and contemporary shingle addition, this seaside resort combines Newport's historic charm with contemporary sophistication. This setting sets our resort apart from other Newport, RI hotels and offers guests a sense of luxury and tranquility with its spectacular water views, situated along the sandy beach of one of the most famous resort destinations in the world.
- Offering 42 cozy guest rooms in our newly renovated historic building.
- With custom furniture, wood inlays and granite tops.
- 37 inch LCD TVs with HD cable, DVD player and complimentary use of our in-house DVD library, MP3 players with iPod docking stations.
- Luxurious bedding with imported linens, duvets and featherbeds, with your choice of plush down or fiberfill pillows.
- Bathrooms finished in imported Carrera marble, granite vanities with custom cabinetry, and luxurious bath amenities.
- Refrigerator, microwave, iron and board, hairdryer and in-room safe.
- Gourmet coffee and teas.
- Two of the rooms in the historic building feature 2 person whirlpool tubs.
NEW SUITES BUILDING
- Featuring 26 oversized suites, ranging from 550-1300 square feet, the largest in any Newport, RI hotels.
- King size bedrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and doors leading to juliet balconies.
- Master Baths are located on exterior walls and feature water views from deep soaking whirlpool tubs, imported Carrera marble floors, and granite vanities with custom cabinetry.
- Living Room/Dining Areas feature sleeper sofa and floor-to-ceiling windows and doors leading to juliet balconies.
- Kitchens with granite countertops, hardwood flooring, washer/dryer, stainless refrigerator, freezer, cooktop, sink, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and a complete assortment of cutlery
- Indoor pool and hot tub elevated over Newport Pond providing soothing water views from walls of windows and Juliet balconies.
- Cascading water wall, nautical artwork and inlayed glass block mosaic tiles contribute to the relaxing ambiance of the indoor pool environment. The elegance of our architecture and furnishing truly sets us apart from all other Newport, RI hotels.
- Rooftop desk with hot tub, fire pit, outdoor shower and seating areas overlooking Newport Pond.
- Like to work out together? Our new fitness center features cardio equipment with individual LCD panel televisions, strength training, core training and flexibility equipment. Private trainers and personalized yoga & Pilates instructors available.
- Spa treatment area with a variety of spa services. Book a spa treatment in the comforts of your guest room. View our Spa Services Menu
- Complimentary gourmet coffee and tea available throughout the hotel.
Other Nearby Activities
Though you'll be tempted never to leave the luxurious comfort of the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites, there are simply too many things to do as couples outside our walls to beckon you out.
- Unwind in an Adirondack chair in the sands and watch the surf roll in.
- Take a walk along the water of Newport's First Beach or stroll along the world famous Cliff Walk.
- Rent bikes, surf boards, skate boards etc from one of the local stores near our Newport, RI hotel:
- Elemental Surf & Skate: 89 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown, 401-846-2280 elementalsurfandskate.com.
- Island Surf & Sport: 86 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown, (401) 846-4421 islandsports.com.
- Scooter World, 9 Christie's Landing, Newport, (401) 619-1349 scooterworldri.com.
- Take a jog or walk down one of the routes nearby the hotel. We have created a walk/jog/bike map just for the hotel. View our Jogging Map.
- Plan a trip to downtown Newport, just one mile from the hotel, where you can walk along the many shops and galleries.
- Visit one of the famous Newport Mansions along Bellevue Avenue.
- Visit Newport's Easton's Beach with its many activities including volleyball, boardwalk, aquarium, skateboard park and carousel.
- Tour the famous Tennis Hall of Fame located on Bellevue Avenue.
- Purgatory Chasm is minutes from the hotel and offers gorgeous views of the open ocean where visitors can stand and admire the chasm with its rushing waters, or take a brisk nature walk along the trail.
- Local vineyards offer tours and wine tastings:
- Newport Vineyards – 848-5161 newportvineyards.com.
- Greenvale Vineyards – 847-3777 greenvale.com.
- Norman Bird Sanctuary: a 325-acre wildlife refuge with seven miles of hiking trails, a variety of children's education programs, and wooded area where you can relax and enjoy a leisurely stroll or hike to the top of Hanging Rock where the views are breathtaking. normanbirdsanctuary.org.
We have purchased seasonal summer cabanas at the Beach and have made them available for use by our hotel guests for a small fee. Our Cabana Package includes:
- A locked changing room with storage.
- Access to private cabana restrooms for cabana users only.
- Four (4) beach chairs.
- One (1) large beach umbrella.
- Full access to the grill/picnic area and shaded gazebos.
- Bath amenities stocked in the cabana for your convenience.
- Cabanas open daily from 9am – 7pm.
You can add special Reserved Parking to your Cabana Rental with VIP parking access (no waiting). Park your car in a VIP spot directly outside the cabana area.
Beach Cabana Rental: $25
Cabana & VIP Parking: $30
Please note: Cabana and VIP Reserved Parking availability is limited.
Dining at the Newport Hotel Beach and Suites
Ocean Bar and Grille and Greenhouse Room featuring breakfast with a spectacular ocean view. In the evening, join us for a spectacular dinner with entrees featuring locally caught seafood and contemporary cuisine in a nautical setting overlooking Newport Beach. Executive Chef Lyle Morse was the Executive Chef at the Hotel Viking from 1993–2001 during the time the owners of the Newport Beach Hotel and Suites owned and operating the Hotel Viking. Since then, he has operated a series of successful restaurants and recently returned to be the Executive Chef at the Newport Beach Hotel and Suites restaurant, Ocean Bar and Grille. Visit the Newport Beach Hotel and Suites to see why we have one of the most delicious and elegant dining experiences of any Newport RI hotels.
Other Nearby Dining Options
The Atlantic Beach Club – Directly across the street, offering dinner with entertainment as well as a seasonal sundeck/patio with live music, volleyball and snack bar.
- Flo's Clam Shack – One of New England's most famous seaside casual seafood restaurants is right next door.
- Atlantic Restaurant and Pizza – Voted the best pizza in Rhode Island.
- Atlantic Grill – Famous breakfast and lunch establishment, with memorabilia lining the walls of Newport's First Beach circa 1920.
- Daily Shake offering people a healthy meal alternative.